Thursday, August 28, 2008

I HATE RACKET INSURANCE COMPANIES -PAGE 6,247

My mortgage company placed forced Windstorm Insurance on my house because I can't get an insurance company to write a policy for my roof. (It's old and doesn't have some bullshit government compliance certificate that is required after 1980 something.) I've gone down every avenue to try and take care of it without just spending cash to re-roof completely. (because in reality it does not need it) My house payment will go up $300 per month starting back from July something. What do I do? Buy a new roof or foreclose?
Then the light bulb went off. There is another hurricane in the Gulf. Whether it does just a little damage to the shingles OR rips the whole freakin' roof off, THEY have coverage on it now. THEY get to put on a new roof. I then have a certificate, a new roof, and get a cheap policy...no problem.

I'M GAMBLING ON GUSTAV!

No comments: