Friday, August 15, 2008

Redbud Hooter




This guy seems to show up pretty often when we're out at night. He got very comfortable tonight with me taking pictures...kinda like he was posing. I think he even did the dirty bird touchdown dance. He looked very freaky though. I believe he's been here since I've been here. In the past, I've seen him on the street light post, and then a few times by the bushes in the median, by the corner store. One night, I heard and saw him a street over, while I was running. He was talking to another of his kind...like nothing I've heard before.
Andi and Keith were making not so convincing owl sounds too, while I was taking pics...like nothing I've heard before. He must've been confused, cause he stayed awhile.

I think he may be a Barred Owl or a Short Eared Owl.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I plagiarized off your site. I am fairly sure that this is a barred owl.

Anonymous said...

Mine and Keith's owl sounds were convincing...that is why the owl stayed so long. He was taken in by our conversation with him! Haha. Good job Mr. Photographer!