Saturday, March 28, 2009

Central Texas Museum of Automotive History

I love Studebakers. I thought this was a Henry J, but I guess Kaiser made Henry J's. Although, there was a Kaiser parked next to it. Forget who bought who. Anyway, they look very similar. Cool car. They had the first Studebaker Avanti too, but I didn't get a pic.
Bubby with the nicest Caddy.
My favorite of all. Only 51 Tucker's made. This is #50 with only .4 miles on the odometer. Priceless. Years ahead of it's time. You could pick designs off this car that they didn't start using 'til over 10 years later.
Cord made by Auburn. Perfect.
Cadillac Straight 8.
Duesenberg. Over 118 MPH Straight 8.

Monkey's favorite Peddle Car.

Huge Chrysler. This was the real deal American hunk of steel. Cadillac had nothing on this car.
My favorite sports car. Auburn.
Chevy Fleetline Woody.
Nicest paint.
Chevy Fleetline. Beautiful Car.
2 Ton payload truck made by Diamond. Real work truck. No dog crate or DVD player as seen in the back of most $40,000 1 ton trucks of recent years.
Monkey's pick.
Old popcorn machine.
Not sure what to say. Hybrid? Didn't last then, won't last now.
Gullwing Mercedes.
Ford 2-door and Bubba.
The Big Chrysler.
Death Trap.
Monkey loved the Deusy too!

I love musty old cars. Not much plastic in this building.

2 comments:

Andi said...

I had so much fun on Saturday...it was a good road trip.
Cars aren't the best interest in me, but to see how happy you and Caleb were to see all the cars/toys...it made my day!
Hope you had a terrific birthday, Love You Honey =)

larryb said...

Thanks,
It's not just the cars I love, it's the huge carbon footprint they leave...especially these beasts!