Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fishin' Sunday

This is pretty much where Beefcake and I went today. We caught 3 good keeper Speckled Trout, a humongous Sheephead, lots of Mackeral, some Jacks, a Whiting, and a even a big Blue Crab. It was a beautiful flat water day. He took me up the Inter-coastal Canal and out to the Jetties. Best boat fishin' trip I've had yet. It's cool to see stuff that people don't know exists. I swear the water on the north side of the North Jetty is as clear and blue as Cancun water. I've heard that before, but now I believe it.

We went to a bait camp along the Inter-coastal. Long story. The old man is friends with Beefcake's dad and uncle. Got some Mullet. Someone robbed his store the other day. It's in the middle of nowhere. He was pissed. I'll post his new signage later. Gotta love the local shrimpers.

Boat ran gooood. Livewell pump worked gooood. Love the 'ol Blue Wave. Only burned 1/2 tank of fuel.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I gotta see that clear water you're talking about. Glad you had a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I got pics of the water...