Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Broken?or Unrepaired?

Too often then not, I find myself "fixing" things...instead of replacing them. (material things, procedures, work stuff, etc.) I always say "I can fix anything but a broken heart". If not, I'll leave it broken until I figure out a way...or rig it. Alot of the time, we instantly develop a new way. Then, if a minor hiccup comes along, we completely disregard and start all over. What a waste. Maybe that's old school, but the sense of accomplishment sure outweighs the enjoyment of the new, bright, shiny, and expensive. Where I'm going with this is that society has become too reliant on just going and picking up another one, or going to another system. What happened to using our brains...engineering, "southern" engineering? Don't get me wrong...I love evolving and new ideas, but I'm starting to really hate waste in any form. I'm convinced that being brought up unspoiled makes you appreciate things. I'm not sure how to write exactly what I'm thinking, but it makes really good sense in my head.
Thanks, Dad and Mom.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I'm pecking this w/ my left hand.

When can I get my bionic arm?

Anonymous said...

Larry,
If more people realized what you are saying, this world would be alot better off. You are so right!!! You are a terrific SON! Love, Mom