Wednesday, February 6, 2008

'71 Plymouth


This one just sold for over $30k...and it's not even close to original. Last week a number's matching '71 GTX 440 6-pack sold for $83K. 1970's vehicles are "in" right now and these cars are getting unbelievably expensive really fast. Can't wait to finish mine. I just found my engine and tranny that I sold to a guy about 5 years ago and I'm gettin' it back. This is probably the hardest muscle car to find parts for...not like the run-of-the-mill Camaro, Chevelle, Bel Air, Mustang or whatever that you can build complete out of a parts warehouse or Year One magazine. Yeh, Year One is tired of me calling and asking when they're going to make ANYTHING for my car. And finally, the values of Mopar products pass that of the standard issue cars and they start making parts...Hmmm. We've had to hand form alot of the metal replacement pieces 'cause they just don't make them for this bodystyle. I have a driver's door coming this week that I finally found in good shape (after 9 years of looking). So, I just about have every major part covered. I'm hoping they'll decide to make quarter panels soon so we don't have to form them too. I'm finishing the driver's side floor pan replacement this weekend.
Anyway, there won't be any on the road like it...

1 comment:

Keith said...

That's cool. I'll help if I can. If nothing else, it'll be fun to hang out and watch.